Thursday, September 20, 2012

Salt & Vinegar

Salt &vinegar are not just for chips!!!

I recently had surgery. My pelvic organs prolapsed and I needed everything fixed up, moved or removed in my lower abdomen. I had minimally invasive surgery using a robot, but the surgeon also decided to do a little reconstruction of my girl parts once my organs had been lifted and moved. I'm not upset about it, having babies really messes that area up.

However, all the drainage and bleeding and dampness led to an external yeast infection or as I fondly call it, adult diaper rash. I was in agony!

So I went back to my surgeon and showed her. She prescribed a nystatin powder, an anti fungal cream and some butt paste to remedy the situation. None of this seemed to help. It just made the area feel slimy, gooey, wet and still itchy and raw.

My mother, god bless her, recommended a sitz bath, sitting around with my legs wide open to keep the area dry and a heat lamp. Let me tell you! Sitting in that salt and vinegar bath for fifteen minutes last night was so soothing and again this morning.  I'm feeling better already. 

Thanks Mom. You really do know the best remedy for almost everything.


No comments:

Post a Comment